Virtual Event Sales Manager
EnsembleIQ is looking for an Events Sales Representative who is passionate about events, conferences and technology, an expert in generating leads and closing deals, and is highly motivated in a fast-paced remote environment. This role requires a sales professional with experience in B2B events, conferences, summits, or forums to cultivate relationships with senior level executives, to build interest and attendance for a portfolio of our B2B Virtual events. You have previously sold virtual events and in-person events before and are familiar with the benefits. In this role, you will be identifying and connecting with C- Level executives through outbound calling, LinkedIn approaches and direct emailing.
- Work with our Chief Events Officer and leadership team to identify potential customers, designing a sales funnel, running leads efficiently through it and optimizing
- Contact (by telephone, email, social media, and direct mail) appropriate executives to ensure they are aware of events, selling the benefits of attending and securing registrations.
- Achieving event targets through targeted campaigns in order to maximize product quality.
- Develop long lasting business relationships with an audience of C-Suite executives through our events
- Create contacts in the events and conference industry to drive lead generations and continue growing your network
- Promote the events by educating our C-Suite executive customers on the benefits of participating in our virtual and in-person events
- Manage the entire sales cycle from prospecting to pitching, to closing and Account Management of those relationships formed
- *All scheduled events are currently virtual, but this may expand into live, in-person conferences as we move into 2021.
- Identify key decision makers, buying process, and prospect needs to uncover sales qualified opportunities through discovery calls.
- Structured / can run a deal process. You will be expert at shepherding all internal and external stakeholders through the various phases of a deal from ideation, pitching negotiating, structuring, closing. You will mine a list of prospects, aggressively frame negotiations, and set up internal prep meetings before calling external parties.
- Build strong relationships with prospects and nurture them through the sales process/funnel to successful close deals.
- Consistently achieve (and exceed) monthly (or quarterly) quotas and goals
- Prepare proposals and lead negotiations
- Use CRM to provide metrics
- Bachelors degree required
- Sales/recruitment experience, ideally gained within B2B publishing, conferences or exhibitions.
- Strong verbal and written communicator who is equally comfortable writing engaging content and talking on the phone
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to build relationships internally and externally from the get-go
- Highly ambitious, commercially focused, and deadline driven
- Knowledge of event management software processes and technology
- Experience managing your pipeline and closing deals
- Tech-savvy and experience in fast-paced tech companies
- Creative problem solving for complex deals. You push the envelope on what is possible and are willing to make ambitious asks of the partner or client on terms.
- Able to close deals. You have a history of closing multiple complex deals in a short time frame with creative or aggressive terms.
- Proactive & flexible: Able to hit the ground running, takes responsibility for finding a way to get the job done.
- Empathic: Place a high value on user-experience, are a team player motivated to help others be successful.
- Humble: You want to learn and grow in the role, and are open to feedback on how to do that.
EnsembleIQ is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.