Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager, Convenience Store News Canada and CCentral.ca
EnsembleIQ is a premier business intelligence resource that exists to help people and their organizations succeed. EnsembleIQ suite of offerings includes unrivaled cross-channel platforms encompassing print and digital media, industry forums and councils, invaluable marketplace databases, high-performing events and proprietary research on consumers, shoppers and retailers.
Convenience Store News Canada brings together a vibrant and growing community of engaged convenience, gas and car wash operators from across Canada. Our tools help increase sales in the convenience channel.
About the role:
In the role of Senior Account Manager, you will immerse yourself in the convenience channel by forging strong relationships with vendors, distributers and industry stakeholders and selling strategic, customized marketing programs to companies, agencies, and solution providers. Assets in the EnsembleIQ portfolio include a mixture of print & digital marketing products, event sponsorship's, custom media, and some research.
- Leverage your sales background in the convenience channel by building strong relationships and connecting with the key stakeholders to offer them marketing or sales programs that meet their needs
- Travel to industry and corporate trade shows to meet with new and existing clients and prospects. Be a company ambassador and exude a high degree of confidence, authenticity, professionalism and industry knowledge.
- Ability to prospect new business by digging deep into an organization to find the right contacts to build relationships and ultimately a sale.
- Be a company ambassador at all relevant industry events.
- Conduct productive sales calls with clients, be it in-person, via video or on conference call
- Create strategic proposals for clients and prospects that meet client objectives and challenges
- Meet/exceed annual budget goals with the ability to uncover new business and grow existing client business
- Perform as a team player on internal calls across events, editorial and marketing
- Collaborate with other team members to lead successful integrated media sales calls
Support the internal team by sharing customer feedback, learning and insights to provide the voice of the customer.
- 5+ years of strategic, consultative selling with cross platform experience in the convenience industry (c-store, convenience gas, or c-gas)
- Exceptional track record for exceeding sales targets and managing complex client relationships
- Strong network of contacts in the tobacco, confection, beverage, gum and salty snacks channels.
- Impressive sales management experience in managing pipelines, building prospects, and motivating cross functional team members highly desired
- Highly resourceful, organized, strong communication, solid relationship building skills, authentic, and down-to-earth style
- Comfortable with using on-line CRM program. Launchpad experience a plus.
- B2B media experience an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Can travel at least 30% of the time once travel restrictions are lifted
WHY WORK FOR ENSEMBLEIQ
This is an opportunity to join a world leader intent on moving to the next level of success. While EnsembleIQ is already the leading retail industry business media platform, the company is committed to strong, strategic growth. The company is fast-growing, innovative, and supportive of its employees’ careers. It offers an autonomous and fun workplace.