Managing Editor, Drug Store News
EnsembleIQ (EIQ) is a premier business intelligence resource that exists to help people and their organizations succeed. We’re most especially focused on our leading position in serving the U.S. grocery, drug and convenience retailer, and consumer brand customer engagement and technology marketplaces. EnsembleIQ’s suite of offerings includes unrivaled cross-channel platforms encompassing digital and print media, industry forums and councils, invaluable marketplace databases, high-performing events and proprietary research on consumers, shoppers and retailers.
About The Role: EIQ seeks a Managing Editor for Drug Store News covering the retail pharmacy industry — including drug, mass and club retailers, as well as independent pharmacy — including front end, pharmacy, distribution and industry issues. Reporting to the Editorial Director, the successful candidate will be an analytics and insights-driven editor to create, manage, support and execute content creation, optimization, delivery, and amplification. This role includes tracking and analyzing engagement against goals, driving execution of best practices to achieve desired results — abandoning practices that don’t — and cultivating industry influencer relationships to grow our community. The managing editor’s key responsibilities include planning, assigning, executing and often writing informative content for the brand’s website (including several daily and weekly e-newsletters) and its monthly print magazine. Relying heavily on strong writing, editing, planning and organizational skills, the Managing Editor will be expected to spearhead the day-to-day needs of DSN’s website, magazine and related products while also cultivating relationships and interacting with high-level industry sources to help build the magazine's community. Some travel required to trade shows and other events, often coordinating live coverage.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Creates, edits, and digitally publishes high-quality content daily, featuring visually engaging presentation, and thoughtfully embedded links to related information
- Writes with personality — provides provocative insights, enhancing the value of the DSN websites, e-newsletters, special report, infographics, and other products as must-read industry resources
- Manages daily operations of the websites and e-newsletters — creating, editing, packaging and posting content, and assuring timely distribution
- Manages DSN social media accounts, frequently posting enticing, provocative content and connecting with industry influencers to increase followers and referral
- Develops, writes, edits, packages long-form features and special sections/reports that provide perspective, are digitally engaging, and distinguish DSN from competitors
- Continuously monitor digital content metrics tools to identify positive and negative trends and achieve website engagement goals via newsletters, social, search and alerts
- Track what content is delivered through each channel, taking note of articles, topics, formats and distribution times that fuel audience engagement — and those that don’t
- Work with the team to adjust content creation, optimization and distribution efforts to replicate successes, correct problems, and phase out efforts not generating business value
- Work closely with the Editorial Director, marketing and event and webinar teams to produce and distribute promotional materials for various content initiatives
- Set and manage production deadlines
- Lead weekly editorial meetings
- Bachelor’s degree; 3 - 5 years of B2B brand digital and events content creation experience
- Pharmacy or healthcare industry experience and relationships a plus
- Enthusiasm and affinity for use of analytics and social media management tools
- Skilled content manager, proficient in planning and executing multiple simultaneous project
- Excellent writing, editing, interpersonal, collaborative team leadership skills
- Proven ability to develop innovative content strategies, lead and participate in their execution
- Minimal travel when it is deemed safe
EnsembleIQ is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion. We provide accommodations at all stages of recruitment and employment in accordance with Human Rights and accommodation legislation upon request.