HR Coordinator - Contract
HR Coordinator - Part-time Contract Role (12 months)
Reports to: HR Manager
EnsembleIQ is a premier business intelligence resource that exists to help people and their organizations succeed. EnsembleIQ suite of offerings includes unrivaled cross-channel platforms encompassing print and digital media, industry forums and councils, invaluable marketplace databases, high-performing events and proprietary research.
About the role:
We are looking for a contract HR Coordinator (20 hours per week) to join our Human Resources team. The ideal candidate is an organized, positive performer with the ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This person must be able to maintain confidential information and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Recruiting - Manage job postings, identify eligible candidates, schedule interviews, manage candidate communications, reference checks, offer letters
- Onboarding - Ensure all documents are completed, create onboarding schedules, communicate with new hires, coordinate with IT on equipment and systems needed. Schedule onboarding follow-up conversations.
- Employment Files - Updates files with new documents
- Benefits - Serve as a point of contact for Canadian benefits questions and with benefit vendors/administrators. Assist with open enrollment.
- HRIS - Helping employees with login and system questions, including time off requests.
- Community - Create and post content for birthdays, wellbeing program, LinkedIn Learning and fun contests. Compose contest collages and weekly recaps.
- Wellbeing Program - Collaborate on ideas for wellbeing calendar, assembling relevant benefits communication for each wellbeing theme and posting.
- Diversity & Inclusion Council - serve as a member of the council, post meeting updates, assist with keeping council on schedule.
- Administrative - Send & track docuSign requests, update HR slides for monthly company updates, schedule onboarding follow-up conversations and exit interviews. Liaison to Chicago. office building & handle office maintenance requests. Create an HR calendar to keep the department organized.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and fun team celebrations.
- HR projects - provide research and generate ideas on new HR projects
- Payroll backup
- Collaborate with HR team on compliance tasks, payroll, and benefits administration
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards
- Collaborate with other departments as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prefer 2+ years of human resources experience including strong knowledge of Canadian benefits and employment law
- HR certification a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office or Google Suite. Strong PowerPoint and Excel (or Google equivalent) skills required