Title: Editor-in-Chief (reports to VP Publisher, Hospitality Technology)
Summary: EnsembleIQ seeks a visionary Editor-in-Chief for its Hospitality Technology business-to-business events, media, membership and information services portfolio, covering the technologies, services and people fueling the modern restaurant and hotel industries.
The HT portfolio includes its flagship MURTEC (Multi-Unit Restaurant Technology Conference) and HT-NEXT events, plus digital media, research, a print magazine, and the recently-launched membership community Restaurant Technology Network (RTN).
Strategically leading day-to-day operations and mentorship of the content team, the primary responsibilities include developing, participating and optimizing content across the complete HT portfolio. The candidate should be well-versed in technology trends for the greater restaurant and hotel industries, and passionate about producing digital-first content to drive reader engagement.
Deliverables include digital, event and print experiences that engage and connect professionals, growing key audience behaviors that generate revenue opportunities. Additional core responsibilities include maintaining a leading market-facing role -- building strong relationships with clients, associations and influencers, and representing Hospitality Technology as a host, panel facilitator, interviewer, and presenter at events. The Editor must be a self-motivated team player and skilled multimedia journalist who thrives under pressure. Travel 10-20%.
- Manages and participates in content team planning: scheduling, creating, curating, packaging, and optimizing multimedia content into digital, event and print experiences that engage professionals and grow audience behaviors to generate revenue opportunities.
- Owns event content: Prepares compelling event and session agendas to intrigue and excite attendees; identifies, personally invites, and confirms participation of speakers.
- Creates, packages, distribute and amplifies multimedia content about events year-round, raising attendee awareness and sponsor value perceptions
- Mentors staff, providing challenges to grow capabilities especially in multimedia content packaging, influencer knowledge, awareness of industry problems, emerging solutions
- Creates and manages digital engagement-focused editorial plans and schedules, assuring content is repurposed among digital, events and print for maximum efficiency
- Manages freelance contracted and volunteer industry influencer contributors in collaboration with content team to achieve content goals within budgeted spending plan
- Contextually integrates marketing and advertising content and offers with clear and effective labeling into the editorial experience -- to engage audience with such offerings
- Maintains leading market-facing role, building relationships with clients, associations and influencers as sources for business development; Represents EnsembleIQ as a host, facilitator, presenter, journalist at EIQ and external industry events (travel 10-20%)
- Other responsibilities will be assigned based on evolving business need
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent training
- Robust network of restaurant and/or hotel technology influencer relationships
- Digital-first editorial mindset with a passion for engaging readers in digital formats.
- At least 10-15 years digital and print editorial management experience (B2B preferred)
- Proficiency with digital content management and audience metrics tools
- Excellent presentation, writing, proofreading and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to create, visually package compelling and engaging multimedia content